Health and Wellness

All RMAE office personnel are certified by the American Red Cross in basic first aid and CPR. Office personnel also attend special Clinic Aide training required by Children's Hospital School Health Program. 

A Children's Hospital School Nurse Consultant supports and monitors the clinic’s compliance of procedures.  The clinic is located in our front office. We have adhesive bandages, ace bandages, cold packs and other miscellaneous first aid items to offer.

Parents, please be sure your contact information is up to date in Infinite Campus  and to provide us with emergency contact daytime phone numbers so that we may reach you in the event of illness or accident.  If a student is seriously ill or injured and we cannot reach you, we will seek appropriate medical assistance.



Prescription Medication Agreement Form – All medications/prescription or over the counter must come to the clinic in its original container and accompany a 924 medication form.

Student Health Review- please submit if your student is new to the school or they have updated health concerns.

CO School Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan and Medication Orders- for plans that have Epi-Pens

CO School Asthma Care Plan - must have in place for students to have Inhalers at school.  

All medications (prescriptions and OTC) should be brought to the clinic along with a Medication Agreement form that must be completed by the parent (these forms are also available on our website).  Students are not allowed to carry any medications (prescription or non-prescription) with them unless it has been pre-authorized by the Area Nurse Consultant and the student’s physician.  This includes cough drops, saline, and medicated lip balm.  RMAE employees are not authorized to dispense medications of any type (prescription or non-prescription) without written permission from a parent/guardian.

  • Non-Prescription Medication – Non-prescription medications must be provided by a parent/guardian in their original container with manufacturer's directions/dosages clearly marked on the label/box. We cannot accept pills/capsules in a baggie. District now requires that all Non-prescription medications must have a Medication Agreement signed by your child’s physician.
  • Prescription Medication – Prescription drugs must be provided by a parent/guardian in the original pharmacy container with the label specifying the child’s name, type of drug, dosage instructions, dates dispensed, doctor’s name and pharmacy name with phone number. We are not permitted to administer a different dosage than what the prescription reads.  If the medication is to be given at school on a routine basis, or if the dosage increases or decreases, we must have a Medication Agreement signed by your child’s physician. The office staff will help obtain the physician’s signature if a fax number is provided. Some pharmacies will provide you with 2 containers so that you may keep one at home and the other at school.

Please feel free to call the office if you have any questions or concerns or email Dyann Bartlett at [email protected]


Colorado law (Board of Health rule 6 CCR 1009-2) requires students who attend a public, private, or parochial K-12th grade school be vaccinated against certain diseases unless a certificate of exemption is filed each school year.

School Required Vaccines

Tdap Vaccine Required at 6th Grade Entry Letter to Parents

Information for Parents about Vaccines

Immunization Exemption Forms - Parents choosing to exempt their children from completing the required vaccines must complete and submit either a medical or non-medical exemption form at the beginning of each school year.

Please see the latest parent letter from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for more information and links to both exemption forms. 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.